Saturday, December 17, 2005

An Idea for Christmas

I was browsing through the blogosphere today and I found myself on The Homeless Guy's blog. If you haven't read this guy's blog, it's awesome. He is an ex-homeless man who started blogging years ago about his homeless experience. I rather like his site because it comes from someone who has 'been there' - really, truly experienced it. There is rarely a better source of wisdom and information to clear out misconceptions.

Anyways, I came across his post on Christmas goodie bags. Go! Read it! The moment I read it I realized that not only is this an excellent idea, but it is actually feasible. What you do is take a small paper bag and put in a bunch of stuff, which to us who are fortunately seems rather insignificant, that is greatly appreciated by the homeless. Then you head off to somewhere that the homeless congregate and hand them out.

It seems like a marvelous idea, a great way to actually show a little compassion this Christmas season. And so I ask: would anyone like to join us (me and Eug so far) in doing this? If you are seriously interested, let us know. The more people we get, the more bags we can hand out, and the more we can put into the bags.

Cheers,
Kev

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting idea...but...expensive....there's way too many homeless guys out there...we'll get mugged.